A simple yet exciting recipe to create your very own tangy and delicious coconut and lime cupcakes. These sweet bakes are perfectly light and refreshing for hot summer months!
For the Cupcakes:
- 120g butter
- 120g caster sugar
- 120g self raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 40g desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Zest of 2 limes
For the Icing:
- 140g butter
- 300g icing sugar
- Juice from 1 lime
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Cream the sugar and butter together, adding in the eggs and flour.
- Once the ingredients are thoroughly mixed, sprinkle the lime zest and desiccated coconut, along with the baking powder. Mix well.
- The coconut might leave the mixture a little too dry – if so, add 2 tbsp of milk.
- Spoon the mixture into 12 cupcake cases and bake for 15 minutes. Whilst the cupcakes are baking, prepare the icing.
- Mix the butter, icing sugar and juice of 1 lime together.
- Juice the remaining lime and set to one side.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled, pierce the top of each one with a fork before adding two teaspoons of the lime juice and letting it soak into the cake.
- Decorate the cupcakes with your freshly made icing, styling them as you’d like.