After another brilliant Bread Week at The Great British Bake Off, in this week’s post we’re sharing the go-to tear and share bake for the At Home Baking Team!
A classic flavour combination and a favourite with the whole family, the moreish mozzarella and glorious garlic dough is irresistible! We thought we’d simplify the tear and share bake to make it a bit more time efficient for even the busiest At Home Bakers!
Our essentials for the recipe include…
- 125g mozzarella
- 100g softened butter
- 3 garlic cloves
- a handful of parsley
- a freshly baked baguette or loaf of your choice
Serves 6 – multiply ingredients as required.
- Preheat the oven to 180oC.
- Chop the mozzarella into small pieces and crush the garlic. Add both to a bowl, before mixing in the softened butter by hand.
- Sprinkle the parsley into the mix before lightly seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Cut diagonal slices into the baguette or loaf – not the whole way through, however – leaving around a third of the bread whole.
- Evenly share your garlic butter generously between each slice. Lightly smooth a bit of the butter on top of the baguette or loaf to let it caramelise!
- Place the baguette or loaf in the centre of the oven for 3 to 5 mins, until the bread is golden and cheese is melting.
- Tear, share and enjoy while fresh out of the oven!