Did you know it’s National Mushroom Month?
Whilst the At Home Baking team are big fans of everything sweet, we do love a savoury bake from time to time, too! In today’s blog post we’re sharing the ultimate At Home Baking mushroom pizza – the perfect dinner for a family Friday night in.
For the dough:
15gm dried yeast
1 teaspoon salt
For the topping:
Basil leaves, chopped
Salt & Pepper
The At Home Baking products perfect for this recipe are…
- Mix the dried yeast with 40ml of warm water in a cup. Leave for just over 10 minutes, until lightly frothy.
- Add the flour to a bowl, creating a well in the centre.
- Add the yeast and water mixture to the well, then mix.
- Add 200ml of cold water to the mixture, with a teaspoon of salt. Knead for around 10 minutes.
- Create two balls with the dough.
- Leave the dough balls to prove for at least four hours in an olive oil-brushed container.
- Once the dough has proved, preheat the oven to 220C.
- Knead the dough again for a few minutes, before rolling out into your desired shape on a baking tray.
- Add garlic puree, mozzarella, mushrooms and seasoning to the dough.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until golden.
- Once pizza is ready and out of the oven, top with a drizzle of olive oil and chopped basil (and perhaps even a little chopped chilli)!
Are you more of a savoury baker or a sweet baker? Make sure to tag us and use #AtHomeBaking on social media when you try out our recipes at home!