Happy holidays, At Home Bakers! We’re bringing the festive fun to the At Home Baking blog in the lead up to Christmas with a range of deliciously easy recipes.
First up, everyone’s favourite… gingerbread men!
- 225g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 50g unsalted butter
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 100g golden syrup
- Preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan.
- Place your At Home Baking Silicone Sheet on your At Home Baking Tray.
- Sieve the flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda, ginger, and cinnamon into your large At Home Baking Bowl.
- Heat the butter, sugar and salt, until dissolved into a sugar mixture – let cool, before adding to the bowl of dry ingredients. Mix to form a dough.
- Place the bowl of dough in the fridge for half an hour.
- Lightly dust a surface with flour, and roll out the chilled dough.
- Now get creative! Grab your favourite cookie cutters and start stamping your gingerbread men and festive shapes. Gather offcuts and roll them together as you did with the dough to stamp more shapes from the mix.
- Place your gingerbread pieces on the At Home Baking Tray.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Leave to cool.
- Decorate and enjoy!
What’s your favourite festive bake?
Adapted from this recipe by BBC Good Food.